Sunday 9 October 2011

Classic cuts

This weekend I have been mostly making the "Classic Beret" from Jenny Lord's excellent Purls of Wisdom.

I had previously thought the book was too plain for my style (I love lots of luscious photos in a craft book) but everything is so clear and beautifully set out and easy to use. Saying that I had to ditch the DPNs and go back to circulars for this, as I just can't get the hang of them.

Talking about 'classic', I've recently cut off my 'classic' long hair for a rather impromptu Louise Brooks-ish bob. I'm still getting used to my hair ending abruptly on my neck instead of somewhere down my back... I think I like it... only I keep having dreams about my old hair, and the streets seem suddenly thronged with long-haired temptresses. Uber-long hair (a la Cheryl, now her replacement Tulisa on The X Factor) is of course very of the moment, which is probably why I decided to be contrary, but I can't help but feel less... feminine? Those 1920s flappers were brave...

No comments:

Post a Comment