Wednesday 14 December 2011

Crafty kitties


Not that I'm completely obsessed with cats - but the jacket of this lovely Japanese craft book instantly caught my attention in Foyles (I like the strapline, which promises "cute handicrafts to make with your cat"- it conjures up the pleasing scenario of sitting down with some dexterous kitties for a crafternoon. Knit and Kit?).

Anyway - actually making things with pet hair has always felt a bit icky to me (when I worked on Knitting magazine we ran a piece about jumpers made from cat hair, which makes my eyes itch just thinking about it) - but there are some super cute ideas in here. Everything seems to be felted so less, well hairy. I like the little stuffed finger puppets in partic.

1 comment:

  1. 'Cute handicrafts to make with your cat' could have an entirely different meaning. Well, if taxidermy is considered a handicraft.
    On the other hand it also conjures up images of scary anthropomorphic Victorian kitties dressed in bonnets and mittens.
    Not sure which is worse. I like the cover though!

    ReplyDelete