Saturday 3 December 2011

Three or four things

Three things to get excited about today.

Firstly: this dream of a bag:



Some fool had abandoned it in the street. Had they no taste? What could be better than yellow and blue kittens with freaky orange eyes? I'm thinking of turning it into particularly grotesque cushions.

Also:


My friend has sent me these for the riot grrl mixtape I'm planning  - Babes in Toyland's Dystopia and The Peel Sessions, Bratmobile's The Real Janelle, and Veruca Salt's American Thighs. Just Heavens to Betsy to track down now...

And also - tonight! -



PS Despite having shut down my feminist website www.fat-quarter.co.uk (there's still loads of good stuff up there, have a look!) I still get press releases. Most of them make sense but I received one today that was clearly sent out with no thought as to the recipients. It read:

"Please see the below release from XXXX which has seen a rise in demand for its product as women aim for shapley arms like the Duchess of Cambridge."

Not only do I love the misspelling of "shapely" but also the mixture of body fascism with royalist grovelling:

"2011 has been the year of the Royals, as the Middleton family joined the ranks of the Monarchy and the world’s spotlight shone upon not only Kate but also her younger sister Pippa, whose derriere became the most desirable in the nation.

However it is the Duchess of Cambridge who continues to inspire women to seek the figure worthy of a princess."

She inspires me every day...


No comments:

Post a Comment